[gentoo-dev] Packages up for grabs: net-misc/sobby, net-libs/obby, net-libs/libinfinity, net-libs/net6
Tiziano Müller
2018-11-26 07:45:00 UTC
Hi everyone,

the following packages are up for grabs since I have no use for them
anymore:

net-misc/sobby
net-libs/obby
net-libs/libinfinity
net-libs/net6

They are unfortunately not up-to-date, and 3 minor bugs are open for
net-libs/libinfinity:

https://bugs.gentoo.org/527158
https://bugs.gentoo.org/537488
https://bugs.gentoo.org/670610

Upstream seems to be still around for the editor itself (gobby, not in
the tree anymore).

If nobody picks them up, they are likely to get tree-cleaned since all
except one are libraries nobody seems to be using.

Best regards,
Tiziano
Ulrich Mueller
2018-11-27 12:47:25 UTC
Post by Tiziano Müller
the following packages are up for grabs since I have no use for them
net-misc/sobby
net-libs/obby
net-libs/libinfinity
net-libs/net6
They are unfortunately not up-to-date, and 3 minor bugs are open for
https://bugs.gentoo.org/527158
https://bugs.gentoo.org/537488
https://bugs.gentoo.org/670610
Upstream seems to be still around for the editor itself (gobby, not in
the tree anymore).
If nobody picks them up, they are likely to get tree-cleaned since all
except one are libraries nobody seems to be using.
Actually, sobby is the server counterpart for app-emacs/rudel. So unless
anyone else is interested, the Emacs team will take these three:

net-misc/sobby
net-libs/obby
net-libs/net6

Ulrich
Gerion Entrup
2018-11-27 13:31:01 UTC
Post by Ulrich Mueller
Post by Tiziano Müller
the following packages are up for grabs since I have no use for them
net-misc/sobby
net-libs/obby
net-libs/libinfinity
net-libs/net6
They are unfortunately not up-to-date, and 3 minor bugs are open for
https://bugs.gentoo.org/527158
https://bugs.gentoo.org/537488
https://bugs.gentoo.org/670610
Upstream seems to be still around for the editor itself (gobby, not in
the tree anymore).
If nobody picks them up, they are likely to get tree-cleaned since all
except one are libraries nobody seems to be using.
Actually, sobby is the server counterpart for app-emacs/rudel. So unless
net-misc/sobby
net-libs/obby
net-libs/net6
Ulrich
It seems that sobby was deprecated by the Gobby team (also last commit
from 2012). Libinifity also provides an obby server (infinoted). Does
app-emacs/rudel run with infinoted as well?

Gerion
Ulrich Mueller
2018-11-27 15:04:07 UTC
Post by Gerion Entrup
It seems that sobby was deprecated by the Gobby team (also last commit
from 2012). Libinifity also provides an obby server (infinoted). Does
app-emacs/rudel run with infinoted as well?
According to https://www.emacswiki.org/emacs/Rudel: "Rudel’s infinote
support is under development and not yet usable in production."

Not sure how old that info is, so I'll investigate if it can run with
infinoted.

Ulrich