[gentoo-dev] Unmasking =dev-libs/openssl-1.1*
Craig Andrews
2018-11-06 17:53:22 UTC
=dev-libs/openssl-1.1* has been masked since 26 Aug 2016 - that's over 2
years ago. I think it's time to talk about dropping the mask.

The tracker issue https://bugs.gentoo.org/592438 currently has 12 open
issues. Some will be closed by tree cleaning.

package.mask also shows a number of packages being masked because their
latest versions require >=dev-libs/openssl-1.1

What's the plan for removing this mask?

Thanks,
~Craig
Craig Andrews
2018-12-03 19:29:12 UTC
Post by Craig Andrews
=dev-libs/openssl-1.1* has been masked since 26 Aug 2016 - that's over
2 years ago. I think it's time to talk about dropping the mask.
The tracker issue https://bugs.gentoo.org/592438 currently has 12 open
issues. Some will be closed by tree cleaning.
package.mask also shows a number of packages being masked because
their latest versions require >=dev-libs/openssl-1.1
What's the plan for removing this mask?
Thanks,
~Craig
I think we should make a plan for removing this mask. I'm not saying we
do it today or tomorrow - but we should do it someday.

Should we set a date for removing the mask? Should the tracker have 0
issues blocking it? Something else?

Thanks,
~Craig