[gentoo-dev] Add GOBIN to ENV_UNSET in make.defaults
Pacho Ramos
2018-10-20 11:21:47 UTC
It seems that random values in GOBIN can affect the building of some packages:
https://bugs.gentoo.org/631776
https://bugs.gentoo.org/636506
https://bugs.gentoo.org/638572

I would then append it to ENV_UNSET in make.defaults to get that variable unset
without needing to do the same for every ebuild that could be affected by this

Any issues against this?

Thanks
Zac Medico
2018-10-21 01:59:17 UTC
Post by Pacho Ramos
https://bugs.gentoo.org/631776
https://bugs.gentoo.org/636506
https://bugs.gentoo.org/638572
I would then append it to ENV_UNSET in make.defaults to get that variable unset
without needing to do the same for every ebuild that could be affected by this
Any issues against this?
Seems reasonable, since the only purpose of GOBIN is to override the
directory where 'go install' will install a command. If we unset it
unconditionally, it means that the location will predictably default to
GOPATH/bin, which is exactly what we want.

We could handle it in the golang-build_src_install function, but that
wouldn't cover things that call 'go install' via a script or Makefile.
Post by Pacho Ramos
Thanks
--
Thanks,
Zac
Pacho Ramos
2018-11-04 13:55:59 UTC
Post by Zac Medico
Post by Pacho Ramos
https://bugs.gentoo.org/631776
https://bugs.gentoo.org/636506
https://bugs.gentoo.org/638572
I would then append it to ENV_UNSET in make.defaults to get that variable unset
without needing to do the same for every ebuild that could be affected by this
Any issues against this?
Seems reasonable, since the only purpose of GOBIN is to override the
directory where 'go install' will install a command. If we unset it
unconditionally, it means that the location will predictably default to
GOPATH/bin, which is exactly what we want.
We could handle it in the golang-build_src_install function, but that
wouldn't cover things that call 'go install' via a script or Makefile.
Post by Pacho Ramos
Thanks
Done:
https://gitweb.gentoo.org/repo/gentoo.git/commit/?id=c06caedd7c6bb91be0b8e963eb2